Scripture tells us that we are to care for our neighbors, we are to take care of the sick, feed the hungry, visit the imprisoned, clothe the naked, and welcome the strangers (see Matthew 25:35-40).
This Church Year, July 2018 to June 2019, we have Co-Chairs, Sue Bowen and Jackie Brummel, leading the Outreach Ministry.
This ministry at the church is one that we consider to be one of our most important ministries. This is a very giving church and we are continually working to find ways to reach out in to our community, our world, and being the hands and feet of Jesus. Join us in any of the Outreach we do, such as:
- Leading Worship at Brookdale Senior Living, or leading Worship at Juliette Fowler Communities
- Weekly giving to White Rock Center of Hope (stop by John Tully Food Pantry for list of donations needed)
- Blessing Backpacks each School Year
- Mike's Kids (gifts of toys, clothing, beans, and rice) to the Southwest during Christmas
- Good Samaritan Ministries
- The Annual Chocolate Strawberry Tea
- Meals on Wheels every 5th week of the month
And this only begins the list. We have donated water to our Local Civil Servants, and have visited the sick, and joined in ministry through giving to several ministries in the Disciples of Christ and Non-Profit communities.
Are you a dreamer? Are you looking for ways to give more? Are you interested in outreach programs? Give some prayer and thought to it and then join this ministry for ways you can jump in and be a part of making our world a better place.